Canard Aviation Forum  

Go Back   Canard Aviation Forum > Talk All About Canard Aviation > PreBuild Planning and ACTIONS > Plane Day
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2010, 11:30 AM

Default Slowly getting there

Hey Guys - I had a week of vacation so I am trying to get a bunch done on the Long Ez. Got the wing spar mounted to the fuselage yesterday. I already had the wings line bored to the spar, so it was a matter of assembling the spar and wings and leveling. Using my roommates surveying laser, we were within about 1/16" or less in roll on the wings, and right on using a digital level on the incidence of both the fuselage and wings. Of course these are subject to the errors discussed in a very recent post. The fuselage moved a little bit while I was doing the layup mostly to my stupidity and leaning too much on a table. So the only dimension that changed was fuselage roll. It is now .1 degree rolled left compared to the wings. The skew from centerline of nose to wingtips is within less than 1/16" as well. I think I will take it. Now before I get the wings off the spar, I want to get the canard mounted so that it is true to the wings. Better get off the internet and get working.

Joe