Canard Aviation Forum  

Go Back   Canard Aviation Forum > Talk All About Canard Aviation > Just plane canard talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2016, 07:51 PM

Default Long EZ transition training

Hello I am from south central PA, I am looking for a CFI that does transition training in either a long ez or a cozy for insurance purposes. So if anyone knows some info that could help me out, I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 07-22-2016, 03:00 PM

Default Re: Long EZ transition training

I assume that they have to be a CFI because you want to do the transition training in your plane and to be insured it is required because you don't have any hours in it yet? Do you have a Long-EZ, a Cozy, or both?

If you are willing to travel and do the transition training in someone else's plane then you will have a lot more options and there is no CFI requirement to be covered by insurance.
Cozy Mk IV #1334
Old 07-27-2016, 09:54 AM

I am in the process of purchasing a long ez, so I do not have it yet. I am willing to travel, if there is anyone that is willing to take me up I would definitely help with cost. I am a very capable pilot, IFR rated and heading for commercial. My main goal would be to get a feel for the approach and landings.
Old 12-07-2017, 11:00 AM
Bill Welter

I am also in the same predicament, looking for an Insurance company and CFI for transition training.

New LongEZ, low time pilot with no time-in-type, I'll be getting some time as GIB in a LongEZ and as copilot in a Cozy, but not with a CFI.

The only company I can find is Starr, they want me to get 15 hours with a CFI in a LongEZ, I told them no-can-do, no dual controls and no visibility for the GIB. I suggested a Cozy or Velocity, same Type. But there are no CFIs that have a Cozy or Velocity that I know of.

Any recommendations on a CFI or a different insurance company?

Thanks

Last edited by LEZ1675 : 12-07-2017 at 11:24 AM.
Old 12-07-2017, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEZ1675 View Post
I am also in the same predicament, looking for an Insurance company and CFI for transition training.

New LongEZ, low time pilot with no time-in-type, I'll be getting some time as GIB in a LongEZ and as copilot in a Cozy, but not with a CFI.

The only company I can find is Starr, they want me to get 15 hours with a CFI in a LongEZ, I told them no-can-do, no dual controls and no visibility for the GIB. I suggested a Cozy or Velocity, same Type. But there are no CFIs that have a Cozy or Velocity that I know of.

Any recommendations on a CFI or a different insurance company?

Thanks
Get in touch directly via email or phone.