Canard Aviation Forum  

Go Back   Canard Aviation Forum > Talk All About Canard Aviation > Great Threads that can help plane builders, lurkers and fliers
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2004, 12:56 AM
89% done 96% to go

Default Where to Build

enjoy the build, in the basement or the attic
in a bedroom or a den
in a kitchen or a hallway
on a patio or a deck
in a garage or a hanger
in a shack
in a lean to
in a tent
in a barn
in a living room
or even in a bathroom

In a borrowed any of the above.
In a rented any of the above.

in the us or canada
Euraisa or South America
in Africa or Iraq
On the arctic ice or the antaric
in Australia or new zealand
on an island or an isthmus
in the mountains or the desert
on the plains or at the seashore

with a licasaurus or a continental
or even with a rotary
an old one or a renisis
with a carburetor or fuel injected
with a turbo or without
with magnetos or electronic ignition
with a wood prop or a composite prop
an adjustable or a fixed
A 100,000 panel or a 2,000 panel
with or with out baggage pods
with a forum or a listserv
without a forum or a listserv
with slaves
without slaves
being shown
showing yourself

every day or once a week
after work or before work
before, during or after church
instead of drinking
instead of tv
instead of golf
instead of bowling
instead of fishing

My build sit is an hour drive from my house, we take it every week and enjoy the ride and conversation.

Build and don't let anything stop you. When the area you are in is too small, you will find a bigger one, just build.

We are on chapter 20, twice and have done everything except install the main spar, for that we will wait until outside.

The main gear were fully installed and then removed and stored
The canards were installed and then removed and stored

Build, Build, Build
but not instead of *&%$#%^

Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 05-28-2004, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust
but not instead of *&%$#%^
and if bulding a plane is better than sex???
Old 05-28-2004, 02:32 PM
Flying TurboRotaryCozyIV

Then you're doing both wrong.

Now FLYING an airplane you built..... that's a close one. I think it depends on the airplane, and the partner.
Old 05-28-2004, 03:03 PM

how about combining the two.

Although you may want to be careful to not spill any epoxy in the wrong place.
Old 05-28-2004, 03:09 PM
89% done 96% to go

you would have to cover your body in plastic wrap....Hey steve, i thought you were building and thick leather for the edges

Enjoy the build,njut av byggandet, godere il costruire, nyd bygningen, geniesse den Bau, apolafse tin kataskevi, disfrute la construcción, curta a construção, Pidä hauskaa rakentamisen parissa, bouw lekker,uživaj grade?inaslajdaites postroikoi, geniet die bou
dust

maker of wood, fiberglass, foam dust, metal bits and one day a Cozy will pop out and swiftly whisk me from meeting old friends and family to adventures throughout the world
Old 07-14-2004, 02:40 PM
89% done 96% to go

Our spacious basement workshop for 5 years of "plane day"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	__hr_PICT1838.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	354.2 KB
ID:	344  Click image for larger version

Name:	__hr_PICT2448.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	326.8 KB
ID:	345  Click image for larger version

Name:	__hr_PICT2449.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	272.6 KB
ID:	346  Click image for larger version

Name:	__hr_PICT2450.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	307.4 KB
ID:	347  Click image for larger version

Name:	__hr_PICT2451.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	255.9 KB
ID:	348  

dust

Old 07-14-2004, 02:42 PM
89% done 96% to go

And some more
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	__hr_PICT2454.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	246.8 KB
ID:	349  Click image for larger version

Name:	__hr_PICT2455.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	252.8 KB
ID:	350  Click image for larger version

Name:	__hr_PICT2456.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	307.9 KB
ID:	351  

dust

Old 07-16-2004, 12:18 AM
89% done 96% to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrold
I could probably get away with building some smaller assemblies in my basement workshop, but there is no way in heaven or earth I could justify cutting thru my family room floor to get a fuselage or wings out! I'm stuck with a large one-car garage at the moment, however I may just tack on a few thousand extra $$ to the project cost to expand to a two-car and increase my property value in the process. You guys are going to end up turning me into a Cozy builder yet. I would say that I am 90% convinced at this point!
To me, building is an attitude. I have balanced my responsibilities by only building 1 and now, after 6 years, 2 days a week. 1 weekend day and a week night

When you decide to build, then DO IT AND DO IT NOW. If you wait a year until everything is perfect, you lost a year. It is just like a tool, do you have one that you can "make" work without trashing it or the part, then do it. Get it done.

make parts in a basement, get working, parts is parts. Skipping around because of space or money limits is OK, skipping a chapter because it is too hard is not.

Cutting a hole in a ceramic or hardwood floor to get the plane out, I probably would not have done that, unless my wife really wanted a new floor. Cutting floor joists that are easily replaced by sliding in a new one next to the cut one, non event.

To me building is not a task or a job, it is the coolest hobby in the world.

dust

Old 07-16-2004, 12:04 PM

Hey Dust, do you want me to lend you my shoe-horn so you can fit all that in your work space, especially once you fit the strakes?

As to this being the coolest hobby in the world....ABSOLUTLEY!!

Even my local paper thinks it is cool, they just did a story on my project(very small nieborhood paper), but they did spell my name right and the picture turned out nicely. <g>

All the best,

Chris

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution"

Abraham Lincoln

Who is John Galt?
Old 07-16-2004, 02:01 PM
89% done 96% to go

Hey, strakes are done, done (4 of them). New workshop is coming along nicely, it is 32 FEET x 56 FEET. Plenty of room now.

No more stacking cozies, no more stacking wings, shortly we will reattach the main gear, wings, canards and be able to roll these babies around, they really are getting to be a pain to lift and carry.

dust